- “Christ the Lord is risen today,”
Sons of men and angels say;
Raise your joys and triumphs high,
Sing, ye heavens and earth, reply:
- Love’s redeeming work is done,
Fought the fight, the battle won;
Lo! Our sun’s eclipse is o’er,
Lo! He sets in blood no more:
- Vain the stone, the watch, the zeal,
Christ hath burst the gates of hell;
Death in vain forbids His rise,
Christ hath opened paradise:
- Lives again our glorious King,
Where, O death is now thy sting?
Dying once He all doth save,
Where’s thy victory, boasting grave?
- King of glory! Soul of bliss!
Everlasting life is this;
Thee to know, thy power to prove,
Thus to sing and thus to love:
- Soar, we now where Christ has led!
Following our exalted Head;
Made like Him, like Him we rise,
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies!