- Children of the Heavenly King
As ye journey, sweetly sing;
Sing your Savior’s worthy praise,
Glorious in His works and ways.
We are traveling home to God,
In the way the fathers trod;
They are happy now, and we
Soon their happiness shall see.
- O, ye banished seed, be glad!
Christ our Advocate is made;
Us to save, our flesh assumes,
Brother to our souls becomes.
- Shout, ye little flock, and blest,
You on Jesus’ throne shall rest:
There your seat is now prepared,
There your kingdom and reward.
- Lift your eyes, ye sons of light,
Zion’s city is in sight:
There our endless home shall be,
There our Lord we soon shall see.
- Fear not, brethren; joyful stand,
On the borders of your land;
Jesus Christ, your Father’s Son,
Bids you undismayed go on.
- Lord, obedient we would go,
Gladly leaving all below;
Only Thou our Leader be;
And we will still follow Thee.