- Break Thou the bread of life, dear Lord, to me,
As Thou didst break the loaves beside the sea;
Beyond the sacred page I seek thee, Lord;
My spirit pants for Thee, O living Word!
- Break Thou the bread of life, O Lord, to me,
That hid within my heart Thy word may be:
Mould Thou each inward thought, from self-set free,
And let my steps be all controlled by Thee.
- Open Thy Word of Truth, that I may see,
Thy message written clear and plain for me;
Then in sweet fellowship walking with Thee,
Thine image on my life engraved will be.
- O send Thy Spirit, Lord now unto me,
That He may touch my eyes, and make me see;
Show me the truth concealed within Thy Word,
And in Thy Book revealed I see the Lord.
- Bless thou the truth, dear Lord, to me,
As Thou didst bless the bread by Galilee:
Then shall all bondage cease, all fetters fall;
And I shall find my peace, my All In All!