ABIDE WITH ME
1. Abide with me: fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide:
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, Oh, abide with me!
2. Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day;
Earth’s joys grow dim; It’s glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou, who changest not, abide with me!
3. Come not in terrors, as the king of kings;
But kind and good, with healing in thy wings;
Tears of all woes, a heart for every plea;
Come friends of sinners, thus abide with me.
4. I need Thy presence every passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter’s power?
Who like thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, oh abide with me.
5. I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness:
Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
6. Be Thou Thy self before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies.
Heaven’s morning breaks and earth’s vain shadows flee;
In life, in death,O Lord, abide with me!